This the season to be reading, and thanks to the generosity of Lillie’s Friends, many children will be receiving a new book this holiday season.
I am pleased to advise that the three services that currently receive books from Lillie and Friends received a Christmas delivery last week: Eastern and Western Domestic Violence Service and SPARK Single Parent Resource Centre.
A huge thanks to Lillie’s current bestest friends:
- Barrie Hibbert who puts in a good word about Lillie’s Books here and there and as a result dollar donations arrive from complete strangers!
- Gillian Hibbert who made a generous donation in lieu of the 40 or so Christmas cards she did not send to the UK this year (her friends received a Christmas email instead).
- Hildegarde Dow who passed on a generous donation of birthday money she received.
- The All Saints Uniting Church congregation.
- Staff at Unley Council who donated money to Lillie’s Books for ‘Casual Day.
- Shoppers for books: Donna, market scouter extraordinaire, Aalia (4 years), Issey (7 yrs), Lily (7 years), George (10 years) and Alex (17 years).
I am excited for what 2014 holds for Lillie’s Books. Now that I have more time, I will be growing the number of children who receive a book from Lillie and Friends. Accordingly, I will also be increasing my fundraising efforts. Please let me know if you have any ideas for fundraising opportunities or become aware of programs or services that would benefit from Lillie’s Books. In the meantime…
- If you have new (or as new) books to donate, please contact me to arrange a drop off/pick up.
- To make a monetary donation please transfer funds to the Lillie’s Books account at bsb 805-007 a/c# 00221268 OR send money via PayPal to Lillie’s Books PayPal account at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Together, let’s grow Lillie’s Books to share the joy of reading and make a difference in even more children’s lives. If everyone tells one person about Lillie’s Books imagine the difference we can make!
And so, as Tiny Tim observed, God bless Us, Every One! Charles Dickens, A Christmas Carol